Monday, March 14, 2011

MckLinky Monday: Treasures

I orginally published the following story on The RHOK in May 2010 about a gift from my Grandma Emma that I cherish greatly. Today, Mrs. Albright asked us to share some of our "Treasures" that we have from our past. I took this to mean things passed down from my Grandparents and sadly, I don't have many. I don't have many items from my childhood or from when I was a baby- those things were lost in a fire when I was in 5th grade. I do have a box full of dolls and knicknacks that were acquired after that event and some I have since passed on to my daughter. As I think more and more about it, these are a few of my material "Treasures"!

Merriam Webster Dictionary defines Treasure as:

1:  a (1) : wealth (as money, jewels, or precious metals) stored up or hoarded
    (2) : wealth of any kind or in any form : riches b : a store of money in reserve

2:  something of great worth or value; also : a person esteemed as rare or precious

3:  a collection of precious things

This is a sampling of my Raggedy Ann Collection
A crocheted Wilson Eagle Cheerleader made for me by a dear cousin, my one and only Cabbage Patch Kid- Julia Faith, my "My Child", my "Piggy Bank" and my one and only baby toy a musical apple- somehow it did survive the fire!
Above all though- of all the treasures I have these two TREASURES are my best ever-
My kids Braden and Kaybrie!
They are truly God's Treasures for Jason and I to raise up into fine adults and future parents.
 This MckLinky Monday has been a great reflection upon what true treasures are to me, not what I don't have in material items- but what I truly am blessed with in memories, love and what I can give of myself to pass down to my children.

If you haven't already, please visit The RHOK, read the other posts, and link up your own post. We would love to read about your Treasures.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

How awful that your family home suffered a fire. :( I didn't know that.

I love those Raggedy Ann dolls.

I don't have many things from my early childhood either. But, what I do have, I cherish. =)

Thank you for linking up, Mrs. H!

Mom Mayhem says: said...

Doing some MckLinky catch up - I don't have a lot of my childhood toys -there are some I wish I still had though. Great treasures!