Thursday, May 23, 2013

It Really is the Quietest Pencil Sharpener Ever!!



I have a lot of teacher friends. I like giving gifts to teachers. Why not? They are the ones who gave me a 17 year education and now educate, nurture and help develop my almost (one more day) 7th grader and 1st grader. I spend my "school" day with a teacher's baby. She told me about these fantastic, wonderful, QUIET, pencil sharpeners. I didn't believe her. A quiet sharpener is a teacher's dream, right my friends? Anything to avoid classroom interruptions.
So, like any curious blogger/homeroom mom/PTA member, I set about on some teacher research during teacher appreciation week. I requested to do a review and was approved. The owner of Classroom Friendly Supplies, Troy Decoff,  is an elementary school teacher himself.  He first started selling these sharpeners after realizing that many fellow teachers were also completely fed up with the loud and inefficient pencil sharpeners that they had in their classrooms. Oh I remember those terrible, noisy, messy manual sharpeners, the only ones that truly work when sharpened. I HATE my electric one that we use at home. We have to jab the pencil so far in and it eats half the pencil before it gets sharp. I detest even more when my son tries to do homework in an ink pen. Anyway, Troy responded to my request and told me that I was exactly the type of person they were looking for to review the sharpener.

Guess what? It really is the quietest pencil sharpener ever. Troy sent me the Groovy Green one to try out. Guess what, I don't have to hold the pencil to sharpen it. The sharpener comes apart easily for cleaning, and I don't think I have ever seen a lovelier pencil point. Check out my Vine.

Teachers/PTA Members/Administrators/Schools/Homeschoolers/Parents/Businesses/anyone that needs a fantabulous pencil sharpener. Ages 5 and older can use. I highly recommend that you visit and purchase your quiet sharpener today at Classroom Friendly Supplies. Also, be sure to check them out on Facebook
Pin It
 photo BlogSignature_zpsaaa2dccc.png

29 comments:

Beth Zimmerman said...

Wow! I might need one of those! How much are they?

Belinda said...

Every classroom needs this!! Sign me up!

Mary McGough said...

Wow! Looks like a great sharpener

Jennifer flowers said...

Had one similar as a child, still using it at home 35 years later. Would love one for my class!

Allyson Maiolo said...

Love these sharpeners!

Katieneu said...

Love these sharpeners and would love to win!

It'sme said...

Oh my goodness! I want one! Please. :)

Marie G said...

I would love to have a quiet sharpener that would sharpen evenly. My kids can hardly turn the crank on our ancient sharpener!

Melissa Beebe Riggs said...

My 5th graders went through 4 pencils sharpeners this year...this sounds like the perfect answer to our pencil sharpening needs! I would love to win one :)

Jessie Prince said...

I would LOVE this! I went through so many sharpeners this year trying to find something that works

ShaRhonda said...

Wow! I can't believe the testimonies I am hearing on the number of sharpeners used. Good luck!!!

ShaRhonda said...

Wow Melissa! 4!!! You need one for sure!!! Good luck!

ShaRhonda said...

This one is so quiet and so even. It is amazing. Poor kiddos. Good luck!

ShaRhonda said...

I totally agree. Somehow we need to get this sharpener in front of all PTA's and school boards. Good luck!

ShaRhonda said...

:-) Your entered! Good luck!

ShaRhonda said...

They are the best. Good luck!

ShaRhonda said...

I know. They are the best for sure. Good luck!

ShaRhonda said...

35 years later!! Wow!! Your classroom definitely needs one! Good luck!

ShaRhonda said...

It is. It really is. Good luck!

ShaRhonda said...

Your signed up!

ShaRhonda said...

Everyone needs one!! $24.99. Did you get my email from a few weeks ago regarding this?

Amanda Haley Applegate said...

I want one of these sharpeners for my class SO BAD! Our current"sharpener" gives us BLISTERS on our thumbs. :c(

Sandy VanHoey said...

We have an electric one which I do not like. It always over sharpens so it sure isn't good for anyone. This looks fantastic and I know with my grandson this past year in kindergarten, we went through lots of pencils

Melissa Romero said...

I would love to have this quiet sharpener in my classroom for my firsties to use!

Jennifer Reidel said...

I would love to have this sharpener for my fourth grade classroom in the fall! Looks like it would solve all my "pencil problems!"

Victoria said...

I want one of those too! I hate pencil sharpeners!!! TOO MESSSY!

Lissa E. said...

I plan on subbing next year and this would be great to carry with me!

Angie B. said...

I think it's a neat perk that you don't have to hold the pencil to sharpen it. Looks like a tough little sharpener too. Might even stand up to my kids

rbrumlow said...

I have seen this pencil sharpener in action, and I think ALL teachers should have one. I NEED one!