Saturday, September 29, 2012

Cream Cheese Sausage Pinwheels- The Pinspiration Project #1





My friend Beth at Masterpiece kicked off the Premier Edition of her "The Pinspiration Project" Blog Hop this week! I am really excited about this, because not only do I get to support Beth, but it makes me link up and share here on my blog all of the wonderful recipes/crafts that I too find on Pinterest.

There is a page (linked at the top of Beth's website) where you can find the button code for this link up as well as the images for the 0 – 5 Pins rating system. Feel free to find a Pinterest Project (recipe, craft, or etc.), create it, write about it on your blog, and link it up. Looking forward to reading about the Pinspiration that you choose to share, be sure to leave me a comment if you do link up, so I can make sure I am following you on Pinterest.

In all this week, my family has been a victim of 3 Pinterest recipes.  Hawaiian Meatballs on Monday, CrockPot Lasagna on Wednesday and for today's Pinspiration Project- Cream Cheese Sausage Pinwheels!!! Yay, breakfast food for dinner on Friday night!

I originally found this recipe from my friend Leslie when she made it for us for Teacher Appreciation week at my former job. I begged for the recipe and of course she said, go to my Yum! board on Pinterest. She pinned it from a blog called Take a Bite of my Life. The following of course is her recipe, with a few of my own tweaks.

Here are a few on a dish, after the rest were mostly devoured.


Sorry for no prep pics, Friday's are a little hectic around here with all the hype from the week, and it takes all I can do to get their bellies full and get them in slowdown mode.


Cream Cheese Sausage Pinwheels

1 Roll Breakfast Sausage
1 Tube Pillsbury Crescent Rolls (I use two tubes of reduced fat)
1 Pkg Softened Cream Cheese (I use 1/3 Fat Free)
*Shredded cheddar cheese if desired, this time I sprinkled some over my cheese mixture after I had spread it over the dough.

Brown sausage and drain. In a large bowl, combine cooked sausage with softened cream cheese. Remove crescent roll dough from packaging do not separate sections, and roll out into a rectangle, sealing the perforated areas with your fingers- so the cream cheese doesn't ooze out of the cracks! Spread the cream cheese mixture over the dough in a thin even layer.* Roll the dough lengthwise (if you roll from the short side- the pinwheels will be fatter- but you wont get as many!)

THIS NEXT PART IS IMPORTANT FOR PRETTY PINWHEELS if you are serving them to someone besides your family... (obviously I didn't heed these instructions this time)

Once rolled up- refrigerate for at least 20 mins. Cut in about 1/4" sections and lay on baking sheet. Bake for about 15 mins at 350 or until crescent roll is cooked. I use two baking sheets.

The rest is easy, just cool and eat!! Warning: They disappear fast! I cracked some eggs, scrambled 'em up and served them along with these last night and of course my family always tells me MAKE AGAIN!!! I think I am going to try diced ham instead of sausage next time....

Obviously this Pinspiration Project on a scale of 0 – 5 Pins is getting:
Pin It

4 comments:

Beth Zimmerman said...

Yum! Sounds awesome! I'm definitely going to be trying these SOON! Thanks so much for joining in! =) Your blog is looking awesome! 

The RHOK said...

I'm going to try these for my Bible study group! (priss)

ShaRhonda Crow said...

They are perfect for that! That is an occasion where the "pretty" instructions come into play!

ShaRhonda Crow said...

Thanks Beth! This is fun, can't wait until next week.