Friday, March 8, 2013

I Detest School Pictures

This is not a paid post. 

Rather a mother's observation from experience. School pictures are not nice. My friend Tracy talked about this very subject at a recent Women's Lunch Club meeting, there are so many kids and so little time what can you expect. I guess the memory of the quirkiness. You could be really silly and get voted Class Clown.


Now I will admit. My son takes pretty good school pictures.

2012-2013 Yearbook Picture and the bus collage picture.
Picture I took in December 2012
Obviously, I am NOT a professional photographer. I have a Sony DSC-H50 and use PicMonkey to edit. One of these days I will figure out how to not have a glare on his glasses.

Now here is the reason for this post. 

THIS is Kaybrie's first school picture. I bought the $20 packet, it's the prepay one.

Her first yearbook picture and the picture that goes in the bus collage. 

This is what I took when the kids were having fun, being natural and themselves at the park in December. See the difference? 


And this is what she just brought home from school yesterday. Needless to say I did not send a $46 check back to school and keep the pictures. Nope, the entire portrait packet went back to school today. 


Let me make myself clear. I don't think they are necessarily terrible pictures. They just don't capture her personality. She is not natural. Very fake and posed. She is going to be one of those girls that has to be in her own element.

My friend Sherri at Sherri Scarpa Photography takes my family pictures- you know the ones where the parentals actually get in the shots, not the random ones I take for fun. She does the best job capturing my family in it's FUN! She shows us living, laughing, learning and loving. 
All the things that WE are about. 


She is actually running a fun contest right now. 

Tomorrow is the LAST DAY to enter in the Luckiest Photo contest. Email Sherri a picture of what makes you feel like the luckiest person in the world. She will open an album for voting on March 10 and post rules for voting. Email pictures to photographyXss@gmail.com

What do you think about school pictures vs professional? Do you have a favorite photog? Let me know if you enter Sherri's contest. I will vote for you. And you might just find an entry from me. And I promise this post does not get me brownie points. 


Pin It
 photo BlogSignature_zpsaaa2dccc.png

No comments: