Friday, March 1, 2013

Read Across America Week

I've been posting pics throughout the past three days of Kaybrie on my FB pages, Instagram and Twitter of all of the activities going on at her school this week.

The National Education Association’s Read Across America Day is a nationwide reading celebration that takes place annually on 
March 2—Dr. Seuss’s birthday.
 
We have had so much fun participating in these activities and reading books through the school week. 

 One thing I did do this week that my kids do not know about is purchased these books at Target (hardback) for $10 each. Their on sale through today, savings of $8 each!! I am going to have each teacher every year sign the books and give them to the kids for high school graduation. I am very blessed that I still have contact with ALL of Braden's teachers since he is now in 6th grade. 


Now I will share all of Kaybrie's pics from the week. If you have already seen them. Sorry.


Wacky Wednesday: We turned her shirt backward, threw on rainbow leg warmers and rolled her hair in socks. Fun and Wacky!



Crazy Sock Day: She loves those Princess & The Frog toe socks. 


We made Green Eggs & Ham again this year. Instead of using pretzel sticks, which I thought looked like bacon, I used pretzel snaps. They kind of look like waffles, but oh well. They are  were YUMMO!


Friday was Favorite Book Character Day. She chose Pinkalicious of course!!!

So much fun. I love the learning and reading. Especially the excitement that such activities bring on! She has picked up a huge chapter book and is "reading" it!! Yay!


Pin It
 photo BlogSignature_zpsaaa2dccc.png

No comments: