Sunday, April 7, 2013

The Fairy House

Imagination. Kid's play. Siblings getting along for more than five minutes to accomplish a goal of creativity while their Nana, Grandma, Moma and Daddy look on. A true blissful time that was experience by my family this past Saturday. All electronic devices were put away, the only one even present was an iPod with a 10% battery life confiscated from my son and used by me to capture a few pics and videos that will be shown on this post and used for memories in years to come.

The little sister convinced her older brother to build a fairy house. He didn't argue. For once. She really will remember their teamwork forever and he probably doesn't even know it now. They gathered sticks. She finally found the right piece of ground to make them stand in. Even though we have had an inch or so of rain, our ground is still so hard from being starved of moisture for so long. They hammered the sticks with a Nerf baseball bat and croquet stick. They gathered yellow dandelions. They worked for close to an hour. Priceless. #MyMommyMoments for sure.


I realized later that the idea of the fairy house came from a book my little Kindergartner and I had picked up at the book fair. Pinkalicious Fairy House. Thankfully she forgot the part where they spent the night outside waiting for the fairies. Reading really does spark the imagination. What a reward it was to realize that the pages of a book came to life this weekend in Grandma's backyard for a little girl and her brother.



 photo BlogSignature_zpsaaa2dccc.png

6 comments:

Debbie Patrk Vinyard said...

love this! So sweet! So different from my boy world......

Brandi said...

I hope my kids build a fairy house! LOVE!

Beth Zimmerman said...

That is so sweet! When I was little we lived in a house that had a HUGE lilac bush in the back yard. For a while (probably before full bloom) it was my fairy kingdom ... but then my allergies prevailed. Fun memories though!

ShaRhonda said...

It really was sweet. I love these moments. Glad I could help recall a moment from your childhood also.

ShaRhonda said...

I can only imagine....LOL!

Cheryl B. Dale said...

Some nice brother there! And you're right: reading sparks the imagination.