Friday, November 1, 2013

Halloween 2013



Another Halloween has come and gone. I fear this may be the last for my little, big man. I think I say that every year. This year we had a Pre-teen Candy Hobo and Little Miss Dorothy from Oklahoma. Once again costumes were as frugal as could be and Pinterest inspired. Miss K's American Girl even got a matching costume made, down to her ruby red slippers. 

Miss K helped me make her tutu and B's cap was made by a friend at church. Of course my sewing machine didn't work so I resorted to my favorite alternative Liquid Stitch for the aprons. It worked. 

Miss K, knotting the tulle

Making the aprons

Glitter, Mod Podge, Foam Brush and shoes


The finished costume on the American Girl Doll- adorable! (sorry for the terrible iphone pic)

Thankfully we only hit three houses for candy and only received 3 Snickers bars. I had them for breakfast with my Diet Coke. How was your Halloween?



 photo BlogSignature_zpsaaa2dccc.png

1 comment:

Beth Zimmerman said...

That American Girl Doll is adorable ... as are the kiddos! We have never had a single trick or treater here. I suppose the dog scares them off! =)

I think you are an e-mail subscriber but just in case ... I just realized that when I moved my blog ... I somehow managed to mess up my RSS subscriptions. E-mail subs are fine. If you would be so kind as to resubscribe I would be ever so thankful! http://feeds.feedblitz.com/butterflymasterpiece