Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Teaching the Lost Art of a Thank You Note

Do you still write Thank You notes? There are a few occasions when I believe a handwritten Thank You is a must. Graduations, weddings, baby gifts, and funerals. Believe me, I am not the only one who thinks this way. If someone takes the time to to think of you and goes out to buy/make you a gift for one of those occasions, an appreciation is a must. Write it, stamp it, seal it and send it. It is etiquette people.

ETIQUETTE.

As I have gotten older, birthday gifts have kind of fallen to the side, so I personally don't send many thanks out for those myself, but....my children do still have parties. They do still need to be taught to not only say thank you but to send a thank you. And since they won't be graduating, marrying, or having babies anytime soon I must begin by teaching them by writing Thank You's for their birthday gifts. (my 13 year old son, may be a lost cause)

If you have read my blog for any length of time or know me personally, you know that my daughter just celebrated her 7th birthday. We had an American Girl Party. So much fun. One of the activities we did was a life size American Girl box. Each of the girls got in it and I took their picture. So cute. I then took these, developed them, and put notebook paper on the back of each to make them into a photo postcard. Miss K then wrote each one of them a note.


Not only did she get a lesson in etiquette, but also handwriting practice. And I cannot think of any little girl friend of hers that doesn't like to receive an old fashioned piece of snail mail, especially one with them as the doll. 

 photo BlogSignature_zpsaaa2dccc.png

No comments: