Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Teacher Appreciation 2014: May 5-9



It's that time of year again. Time to THANK A TEACHER! If you can read this post, you better be thanking a teacher. If you want, I even have a blank printable of the above picture at this link. Even if you do not have children yet or children who are not old enough to be enrolled in a school district. What? I bet you didn't know you could do that. Yes, you can. If you live in a community that houses a school, join your school's PTA (Parent Teachers Association). In my school district it's a $6 membership fee, which goes to local, state, and federal chapters. Your membership even comes with benefits. You decide how active you want to be. PTA is dedicated to empowering parents to make a difference in the education, health, and safety of America’s children. Since 1984, National PTA has designated the first full week in May as a special time to honor the men and women who lend their passion and skills to educating our children. Our TEACHERS!

This year's National Teacher's Appreciation Week is May 5-9. For those of you rushing around still thinking of ideas of what to get those incredible, hardworking, snot nose wiping, shoe tying, sock finding teachers, I am going to show you a few things that my kiddos have sent to the AMAZING teachers in past years. (Sorry, I can't show you 2014 gifts, the teachers stalk my blog like kids on Christmas morning.)

Now keep in mind these are the incredible people that deal with your beautiful and wonderful children that you labored so hard to get into this world only to send off to school for 6-10 hours a day to enrich their minds and nurse their boo boos. You want to make these gifts special. Mine are always on the frugal side, but from the heart. I like to send something every single day with my elementary student because she has only one teacher, then I send one thing to her specials teachers. For my son, he has six teachers so each one of them get a special token of appreciation.

FlipFlops 
What teacher doesn't need a cute pair? I hand sew each bead on with TLC. I found the cute printable at this site

This is my go to for the multiple teacher, specials, the Principal, secretaries and the nurse. Who am I kidding, this is my go to for about any gift. I absolutely adore this printable. Super easy and inexpensive. You can get an 18 pack of assorted M&M's at Wal-Mart for $10.98, that averages .61 each.



Clorox Wipes. 
Not exactly personal, but on every teachers wish list and every parents mind. 


Dry Erase markers. Do you know how many of these a teacher uses each year? And on a teacher's salary every gift of these is appreciated. Love this cute printable. Can be used for so many ideas. 


And finally this is my all time favorite gift for my kids to put together. This drink carrier is stuffed with the teacher's favorite snacks & drinks. It is decorated with my child's art/homework from throughout the year.

To see other ideas that I have put together over the year visit me here and here. Also, be sure to follow my Pinterest board. What ideas are you planning this year? 

 photo BlogSignature_zpsaaa2dccc.png

1 comment:

Rose Marie B said...

These are all so thoughtful and I bet your kids' teachers LOVE to see you coming during the holidays! :)