Thursday, April 24, 2014

#Teacher Appreciation Week Poll & #STSMChat with Offers.com


Absolutely loving this new poll widget by Wedgies. I can share on Twitter, Facebook & my blog. And YOU can share also. Please do.

 Be sure to tune in on Tuesday, April 29th at 1pm CST. I will be co-hosting another Twitter #STSMChat and G+ Hangout with Offers.com over this very subject: Teacher Appreciation. If you missed my earlier post on a few of my favorite frugal ideas, be sure to read it here.
 photo BlogSignature_zpsaaa2dccc.png


4 comments:

Tonya Wolfe-Bell said...

I love to give gift cards to teachers !BUT! (legally) they have to claim that on their taxes as income because they received them on the job. Might be that they opt not to claim the "income" but I don't want to put them in the position to.

ShaRhonda said...

Thanks for commenting! I knew that if an employer gave you a gift card it was subject to taxes, but did not know about the parents. Thanks for telling me/us. Do you have a specific link that gives more information on this.

ShaRhonda said...

I just verified with a CPA friend of mine and my own accountant.

My Question to the CPA friend: Gift Cards for teachers given by students/parents. Are they taxable? Like when you give them to the teachers for teacher appreciation. Do they have to claim them?

Answer: No. Especially if they are given by you as a parent to the teacher & not by the school. If they came from the school directly then you could get in to a fringe benefits question depending on the amount.

Kristy Eskew Hutton said...

I enjoy anything that seems to have taken thought and effort. Sometimes it is a bundle a pencils with a cute saying, a single hand picked flower with a note, but most of all I love home made treats.