Friday, November 28, 2008

Black Friday, "Absolutely, It's Unbelievable"



This is the second year that I have been a SAHM. I always heard about Black Friday, but working for the bank the day after Thanksgiving was always "Red" Friday. If you weren't at your sales goals for the month, you were not going to have a bonus for December, because the bank was null and void to traffic. Last year I was out and about around 8 AM, and caught no sale items. This year, I decided to be a little more adventurous. My friend Angie and I met at Target at 6 AM, she is 7 1/2 months pregnant (I am so sorry that I drug her out and about)! Anyway the line was around the store, news helicopters were hovering, but we really only waited about 10 minutes to get into the store. I found everything I was after, had a nice talk with Santa ;), saw an old college friend, and then we were interviewed by KJRH TV. Check out the video, I am actually in it, boy do I need to start my holiday diet! Then we made our way to Chic-Fil-A, Kohl's, Ulta, and then Michael's. The worse place was Kohl's we stood in line for 1 1/2 hrs! All of my shopping is done except for a few odds & ends and I am so ready to get them wrapped and under the tree! We really had a lot of "girl" fun, and I hope we can make it an annual tradition!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Look at you go girl! Carrie, myself, my mom & sis headed out but didn't meet at Wal Mart until 7:30 a.m. So, we missed most of the great deals since they were sold out but it was fun anyway.

Liz said...

I had good intentions of going to Wal-Mart early Friday morning, but I just couldn't leave my bed! But I know you can get some really good deals, like they say the early bird catches the worm!