Thursday, November 13, 2008

I've Been Tagged........

Okay, so this has never happened before, but my friend Jennifer at 3 Gals & A Guy has tagged me! Here are the rules:

Grab the nearest book.
Open the book to page 56.
Find the fifth sentence.
Post the text of the next two to five sentences.
Don't dig for your favorite book, the cool book or the intellectual one. Pick the closest.
Tag five people to do the same.

So, the closest book to me is T. Suzanne Eller's "The Woman I Am Becoming", I haven't had a chance to start it yet. Page 56, ok, 5th sentence, found it.

On the outside, you would never see her personal battle. She's intelligent. She's fun to hang out with. She's one of those twenty-somethings that appear to have it all.

Okay, done now I have to dig deeper, Oh for a minute I was thinking that Suzie was talking about me until she got to the age. But guess what, she is talking about me. As women we "pick" on ourselves. I pick myself apart, thinking that I will never lose this 30lbs or this spare tire around my middle, my hair isn't perfect. I am letting Satan distract me from what really matters, I am beautiful........Wow, this book is going to be great!

Here's who I am tagging:

Carrie O
Liz
Meg
Stacye (no blog)
Carrie T (no blog)

2 comments:

Megan said...

What if I am nowhere near a book? j/k I will do it!

Jennifer said...

Wow! That's good! It is so hard to remember that we are beautiful in God's eyes no matter what we feel like the mirror is telling us. I know it's something I struggle with.