Monday, July 12, 2010

MckLinky Monday: Strange Remedies!

The RHOK

Mrs. Sinclair invites The RHOK readers today to share their weirdest ever home remedies. Of course many of these remedies have been passed down from generations to generations and who knows, maybe some of us had some great horse doctors in our families. It is funny though, she and I were both on Twitter one night and I knew she had just recovered from a fever blister and of course I was beginning to get one. So, I thought I would be funny and gross and asked her if she knew any other cures except for ear wax and Abreva! She said dump the Abreva and go for the ear wax! Seriously, she knew that one? Then we must do a RHOK post on this! So here are my other cure all's!

1. Peanut Butter gets Bubble Gum out of Hair!
2. Whiskey, Lemon Juice, Diet Dr. Pepper and Honey, just a tsp of all cures a cough! (yes, my parents did this on me as a child and I turned out fine, if anyone tries this on a child at home don't tell. P.S. I honestly haven't tried it yet!!)
3. Put tobacco on a insect sting, especially a wasp or bee. -just heard this one!
4. If you have an ingrown toenail, put a piece of floss or thread under the nail.
5. For a stye in the eye, rub a gold ring on it! I think its supposed to be 14K or more!
6. Natural tan- baby oil and iodine (I miss this one)
7. Best hair highlights- lemon juice
8. To cure a zit fast, put toothpaste on it.
9. For stubborn tooth removals, tie a string around it and slam the door- OUCH! Or try pliers!
10. My DH worked w/ a man named Fred Packam who had a cure all- Alka Seltzer, even for car engines! He was in the car business for 40+ years!

These are just a few that I know of, I am sure there are many others that I know of and have forgotten. Make sure you link up at The RHOK and read everyone else's!

3 comments:

Mom Mayhem says: said...

Some of these I've heard -some new. And OMG you just made me remember how my mom used to always have a bottle of baby oil and iodine -Lol

Real Housewives of Oklahoma said...

Baby oil and iodine? Never heard of that. Is it suppose to stain you like a piece of wood? LOL

Kortney Harrington said...

Ok the ear wax kinda freaks me out. I have heard some but most of yours I have not heard them.