Monday, September 27, 2010

MckLinky Monday: Pet Peeve

The RHOK

What is your favorite pet peeve as of late?

Wieners!!!
First of all I detest the word wienie. I think the word is a borderline synonym of a part of the male anatomy. Whatever, don't ask me. I also believe that coffee and cigarettes killed my grandparents so that's why I don't do either one. Well, I'm getting a little better with the coffee thing...but its still way back in my childhood mind! So around my house we call wienie's or wieners- Hot Dogs!
So my pet peeve started again two weeks ago. I went to my son's football game in Pryor, OK. Now mind you, I now live in a large city, Broken Arrow, OK, a suburb of Tulsa, population approximately 97,000 and I grew up in a town of 1,803. In both places, when you asked for a hot dog at the concession stand you got the entire thing. Meat and Bun!
Well, I asked for a hot dog and only got a bun. Whaaaat? Yeah, I looked down at my bun, up at the lady and asked, "Can I have a wienie, with my bun?" She looked at me like I was crazy and then pointed to the right and told me it was at the grill. At the grill? Well, fancy that. I think she just wanted me to say the "w" word.
And, it just keeps going on. The "w" curse. This morning I go to make a grocery list and pull out the bottom meat crisper. What do I find, someone in my family opened a package of Hot Dogs and did not drain the juice off of them before putting unclosed package back into the crisper. Now I have "w" juice all over everything. Just another nasty pet peeve to clean up!
At least the Wiener Mobile hasn't penetrated my home like it did this one in July of 2009! Really, it did- read about it here!

7 comments:

Dawn said...

Hilarious!!!!!!!

Alice said...

weenie weenie weenie weenie, I know a weenie man, he owns a hot dog stand, he sells most anything from hot dogs and more, one day I'll change his life, I'll be his weenie wife. Oh how I love that weenie man! LOL!

P.S. We played at Pryor on Saturday...best $1.00 hot dog I have ever had. That is the ONLY way I eat weenie's is grilled and black! Haha! That sounded so bad.

Real Housewives of Oklahoma said...

I call it a Hot Dog too. I think you know why. :)

~~Mrs. McGillicutty

Mom Mayhem says: said...

Lol! Yeah the "w" juice is bad -but glad you're house wasn't like that other one ;)

ThatsBaloney said...

Don't be such a weenie.
I never call them that. If you were at my house and talked about wieners, I would laugh at you.
I'm mature like that.

Delana said...

Super funny!!

Kayna said...

You crack me up!