Friday, August 22, 2014

The 4-Crow'sALS #IceBucketChallenge #ALSIceBucketChallenge #StrikeOutALS


Obviously the power of social media has shown its face over the past month. I applaud this challenge of awareness and raising funds for research of any disease. This particular awareness began in the sports world, has spread to celebrities, former presidents and people like my family. 

What exactly is the Ice Bucket Challenge? You are publicly challenged via video by someone you know to either douse yourself with a "bucket" of ice water or make a donation to ALS or an ALS charity of choice. One that we are looking at donating to is ALS Guardian Angels, they actually take every dollar donated and spend it helping ALS patients, family members, and caregivers. The suggested donation if you do not do the challenge is $100. It is also suggested that if you do the challenge to donate at least $10. I mean come on, why wouldn't you?

ALS is one of the most common neuromuscular diseases worldwide, and people of all races and ethnic backgrounds are affected. Men are affected more than women, and the signs are often overlooked.

After all challenges were given and accepted, all FOUR of us ended up getting soaked. Here are our videos. 

Here is mine. I was challenged by Heather Davis aka Minivan Momma as part of the Oklahoma Women Bloggers. I called out my cousin Shelly (who gets some time on this because I just found out she is very SICK) and my friend and Happy First owner Debbie Vinyard. 

Braden was challenged by his friend Peyton. He called out Miss K, Evan, and his friends Oriana and Haley.


Miss K was challenged by her big brother. She gladly called out her Daddy.


Jason was challenged my Miss K. He gladly accepted, and learned the real meaning of a cold shower. LOL! He challenged both of our mothers, Belinda and Betty. I cannot wait for those challenges to be accepted.


Did you do the #IceBucketChallenge? I want to see it. Leave me your link in the comments. 


 photo BlogSignature_zpsaaa2dccc.png

No comments: