Wednesday, August 12, 2015

My Boy

Today we picked up his school schedule. The sign inside the entry way said welcome Class of 2019. The schedule we picked up marked another milestone for him. For me. His high school years are about to begin in only 9 days. 

My boy is a Freshman. Where has the time gone? My boy who has served as a life changer for me in so many ways. Ways he may never understand. You see there was a time when it was just he and I, and then another time when it was just the two of us again. He prayed. Then there was three. Then came four. Then we were complete. 

My boy. My big hearted boy. So talented, so patient. Patient with everyone but his little sister. I'm told that is normal. Did I mention talented? His love for sports, especially basketball is going to take him far. Between the love of the game and his love for Christ.  I pray that his life experiences are well learned lessons. Lessons that one day can mentor those from similar situations. He will be an excellent teacher. An excellent coach and mentor. 

My boy makes me proud each day. There will be lots of growing for both of us in the next four years. Four years that I have to hold him as close as he will allow and cherish each precious moment. Four years to call him my baby boy even though at  almost 6'2" and 187lbs he is far from a baby. My boy will forever be my pride and joy, this Moma's baby boy. 


No comments: