Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Getting rid of the looking glass, and seeing what God Sees!

Oh yes, you shaped me first inside, then out: you formed me in my mother's womb. I thank you, High God-you're breathtaking! Body and soul, I am marvelously made! I worship in adoration-what a creation! You know me inside and out, you know every bone in my body; you know exactly how I was made, bit by bit, how I was sculpted from nothing into something.
Psalms 139:13-15

I started a Bible study last week at our Church. I'll have to be honest, I have put off until the last minute to read my two chapters. The title of my study is: "The Mom I Want to Be, Rising Above Your Past To Give Your Kids a Great Future".

The above verse really spoke to me at the end of my study today. We all have "looking glass self", the image we have created based upon the words and actions of others. But God, knows who we are better than anyone, we should allow God to mold us and shape us daily into the person he wants us to be! Our past is a small ingredient of our life. The ingredients that make me who I am are: Christian, Wife, Mother, Daughter, Sister, Niece, Cousin, and Friend. May God Bless the reader of this post, and please look for further postings as I journey through this study!

1 comment:

T. Suzanne Eller said...

Thanks for posting this. If your small groups wants a phone call visitor one night, I'd love to do that. : )

T. Suzanne Eller
http://tsuzanneeller.com