Wednesday, September 8, 2010

WW: Fall Festival in Wilson

Now folks, this is my HOMETOWN parade!
Wilson, Oklahoma celebrated its Fall Festival this past weekend in grand style! It was the first time in many years that I was actually home for it! I took my kids to the parade and then we went to my Moma's reunion. I had planned on going to the 20th reunion for the Class of 1990, but didn't make it! (No it wasn't my 20th, I still like two more years before I reach the BIG 2-0!) By far this was one of of the largest parades Wilson has had in a long time, or at least that was what I was told! Braden, made fun of it! My son is too Citified!

Here come the fire trucks- see I told you the cheerleaders and football players ride on them!
Here go the townspeople- they are begging for candy to be thrown from the vehicles!
Even though Braden wanted to poke fun, he still filled his pockets full of sugar!
 
Here comes a Semi- what is so important on that trailer bed? Oh, WHS Class of 1974
There is my Moma riding in the parade on the truck!

Here is "The Class"- very special,  actually is was a pretty special class the gentleman in the center is Wilson's first foreign exchange student, John Kneebone. He travelled all the way back from Australia for this event/reunion! A Great Time was had by all!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Mom Mayhem says: said...

Looks like a great time! And wow -all the way from Australia -that's cool!

Real Housewives of Oklahoma said...

Too cute.
My opinion is that small town festivals are really fun - if you live in the area or are from there. They don't take much to strangers, you know.

Mom Mayhem says: said...

Just stopping by to let you know I tagged you in my latest post -8 questions:
http://themommayhem.blogspot.com/2010/09/8-questions.html