Monday, November 8, 2010

MckLinky Monday: Thankful for Food

The RHOK
 
What? Me? Thankful for food...not a bit, you can't tell by looking at me, and sorry folks you WILL not be telling by looking at my plate this Thanksgiving holiday. Yes, I am just a wee bit on a dieting trend and I'm going to be a braggart- doing very well at 15lbs lost since Labor Day! Yes, I will eat, but only one plate and ONLY the foods that I absolutely MUST have. Turkey breast, cornbread dressing with a little giblet gravy, green beans, a roll and a salad! I will also make my famous Crow Bars-my family can't live without these! Now there is a story behind these. Don't I always have a story? Six years ago when Jason finally got brave enough to call and ask me out, I was busy making these for my staff at the bank, I of course had to change the name from K-Bars to Crow Bars once we married and he got a great many sampling of them! Whoever said the way to a man's heart was through his stomach must have known what they were talking about, because believe me, I am thankful for so many great and wonderful meals I have shared with my husband these past six years, and look forward to many, many more years of meals!

Crow Bars


1T butter
1/2 C white sugar
1/2 c white syrup
3/4 c peanut butter
3 c crushed cornflakes
1pkg milk chocolate chips
1pkg butterscotch chips

Bring butter, sugar and syrup to boil. Add peanut butter and cornflakes, mix well. Press into 8 1/2 x 11 pan. In double boiler melt chocolate chips and butterscotch chips. When melted pour over cereal mixture. Let cool. Do not Bake! Cut into squares. Can be doubled, but I do not double the chocolate chip mixture, it is too rich! Use a big cookie sheet if you double!

Now it's your turn to share what food you are thankful for and link up at The RHOK, thank you Mrs. Priss for hosting and having everyone share their great recipes today!

4 comments:

ThatsBaloney said...

YUM!
Thanks for sharing the recipe and congrats to you on sticking to your diet. This is a hard time of year for that.

Unknown said...

Oh those sound sooo DELISH ShaRhonda!!!

Just Wedeminute said...

This is Kevin's all time FAVORITE dessert that we call Kathy bars...not sure why but that's what we call them. Anyway, he LOVES them and I have to make them for him several times during the holidays.
Kenzie's good, she went back to dance last week! PTL!!!!! I'm good, they got all the melanoma and I'm now cancer free. I need to FB you!

Dawn said...

I think I've had these before. I love that you call them crow bars. LOL!

I'm so diggin' all these new recipes.