Monday, December 27, 2010

MckLinky Monday: Crow Family Christmas Traditions

Our family Christmas traditions kick off with a visit to see Santa the Wednesday night before Thanksgiving each year! I just love The Bass Pro Shop here in Broken Arrow and their Winter Wonderland!


Then on the Sunday before Christmas we have our Christmas Dinner with Grandma Betty- the Crow side of the family! Here Grandma is with all of her Grandkids- ages 19, 15, 10 and 3!


Christmas Eve is busy at our house. When I married Jason, I became acquainted with a little thing his family does. They call each other up on the phone and try to say "Christmas Eve Gift" first to the other person! Kind of a "Got You" game! Well, I liked this so much that I thought why not do Christmas Eve Gifts from my kids to the neighbors. To me it is very important that my kids learn the lesson that giving is better than receiving.  Neighbors were important to me growing up and I want them to be important to my kids. After all, we never know when we might need them, correct? So before my kids get gifts, they walk to each neighbor on Christmas Eve and give a treat with a gift tag that has a picture of them on it! We only pass out to the neighbors and close friends we know around our house- 12 this year! My kids love it, are learning a valuable lesson and look forward to this each year!


Then Christmas Eve, we try to attend services at church but don't always make it, it just depends on Jason's work schedule and the weather. We also try to go to Texas Roadhouse to eat and reflect upon the year and the excitement of the few days ahead. We did make it to Roadhouse this year and enjoyed it very much. Then we came home and opened our gifts to one another, before singing Happy Birthday to Jesus and eating his cake and then setting our cookies, carrots and milk for Santa and the reindeer!

Christmas morning the kids awake to see what Santa has left them and then we prepare to go to my parents in Wilson, where it is a BIG Christmas with 18 of us in attendance, including 10 grandkids. Next year we will have 11! What a wonderful blessing to have such a great grand family! A favorite tradition of my Moma's is to drink cappuccino with her granddaughter's...she finally found the perfect size mug!

For more family traditions, don't forget to read The RHOK, you never know what might be RHOK'in our world!!


3 comments:

Mom Mayhem says: said...

Great traditions! The past couple of years we've also gone to see Santa at Bass Pro -and my mom's side of the family says "Christmas Gift" -I always wondered if anyone else did that -what a great twist to add the gifts for your neighbors :)

Dawn said...

Those are great traditions.

I LOVE that gingerbread man. Way to go, Crow kids!

C has those same little jammies. =)

I agree with you about neighbors. We have two neighbors that we just love. I wish our street were a little more friendly.

jennykate77 said...

Love your traditions!!

The Bass Pro Santa is one of our favorites too! They have such a magical set up there. Isaiah loves to go.

Cute pics!