Monday, December 13, 2010

MckLinky Monday: My Fave Christmas Food


I can't survive any holiday without my MIL's Cranberry Salad and Hot Rolls
and
Cornbread Dressing- It's DRESSING folks NOT stuffing- lucky for me, I make it just like my Moma and my MIL makes it just like we do!!!


So now that I have made you hungry, you want the Crow Family Secret Recipe's, don't ya?
Okay, Okay- might as well share the calories and the knowledge and if you make, give us some credit m'kay!

Betty's Rolls *

1 bag of Rhodes White or Wheat Frozen Dinner Rolls
1 melted stick of butter or margarine
1 bundt pan sprayed w/ cooking spray

Layer 12 rolls, after you have dipped them in butter/margarine, in the bundt pan, then form a second layer on top of the first layer alternating the rolls. Then cover w/ a piece of saran wrap coated in cooking spray. Let rise according to package directions and then cook according to package directions.
After baked, turn pan over and place bread on a dinner plate.
* Yes, I have mastered these rolls also. The big secret-NEVER let anyone know how easy this is, of course you make homemade bread ;-)!

Cranberry Salad
from Betty Crow

1 pkg fresh cranberries
1 C sugar
1 C miniature marshmallows
1 C chopped nuts
1 can pineapple tidbits drained
1 C of halved grapes
1 C cool whip or whipping cream

Grind berries and add sugar. Let stand overnight. Next day add all ingredients and fold in cool whip or whipping cream.

"My" Cornbread Chicken & Dressing*

2 C Shawnee Best Yellow Corn Meal Mix
1 1/2 C Milk
2 Unbeaten Eggs
2T Oil

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Stir ingredients only enough to thorough mix. Pour immediately into well greased  hot cast iron skillet, and bake for 30-35 minutes.

After cornbread is cooked crumble into a huge mixing bowl
add
1 C chopped onion and 1/2 C celery - more or less if you like celery (yuck)- sauteed in 1/3 C butter until  or margarine until transparent
1 T poultry seasoning
1/2 t sage
1/2 t black pepper
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 1/2- 2 C of deboned chicken (just depends on how much you like)
3 chopped boiled eggs
3 C of chicken broth off of the chicken above- because you better have boiled it yourself!
1 thinly chopped apple- this keeps the moisture in your dressing (my MIL taught me this trick)!

Mix all of these ingredients thoroughly and then place into well greased  9x13 pan. You should have enough moisture in your dressing to see it. If not, add more broth!!! Bake 1 hour or until well browned and fork comes out clean!

*Notice I use Oklahoma's own Shawnee Milling Company's basic Cornbread & Dressing recipe with just a few twists of my own!

Now, its your turn- share with me and the other housewives your favorite Christmas Food!
Link up at The RHOK and get some other great recipes as well!

Merry Christmas and Happy Eating!!








3 comments:

Dawn said...

Look at you go, posting 3 recipes!! Yummy!

Thanks, Girlie. You KNOW how much I love recipes.

Mom Mayhem says: said...

These all sound yummy! I will definitely have to try the cranberry salad sometime :)

Impulsive Addict said...

That bread recipe is so easy that there is NO WAY I could mess it up! I love that idea.

Thanks for posting and linking up! =) And now I've added 3 new recipes to my box! YAY ME!