Monday, February 28, 2011

MckLinky Monday: My Favorite CrockPot Recipe

Today at The RHOK we are sharing our favorite CrockPot recipes! I am a CrockPot hoarder Diva, I own THREE of these wonderful appliances! Actually one was just returned back to The Crow's Nest this weekend after a year long visit with a dear friend. My newest one I got for Christmas this past year- it has a timer! So, what is my favorite recipe? Taco Soup! Easy, filling, and good for those dieting and those who aren't, well they will never know!

Taco Soup
3 cans pinto beans
3 cans diced tomatoes
1 can mild Rotel
1 pkg taco seasoning
1 pkg Hidden Valley Ranch Mix
1 lb lean ground beef browned & drained

Put all ingredients in pot. Cook on high until simmering, about 4 hours. Then serve with your favorite toppings such as tortilla chips, cheese or sour cream. Without the toppings 1C = 3 Weight Watchers Points.
Now it's your turn to share your favorite recipe with The Housewives and our readers. Please go to
The RHOK and link up! We love to eat and definitely love to try new dishes!

4 comments:

Dawn said...

I make one very similar to this one. I add rice and ground sausage to it as well.

We love it. It's the perfect cold weather soup.

Hey, I just wanted to say how much I love your blog being public again. =)

Real Housewives of Oklahoma said...

I love taco soup. I see a lot of people are using the ranch mix. I'm going to have to buy some and join the club!
I agree with Dawn - I'm so glad your blog is public.
~Mrs. Priss

Stacie said...

Sounds yummy. And I definitely need to look into a crock pot with a timer, that would be ideal for us!

Dishin And Dishes said...

I make one like this too! But never tried it in the crock pot!