Sunday, September 11, 2011

A Day We Will Remember Forever: 9/11/01*


September 11, 2001.
A day that will be remembered forever.


 The day our nation came under attack. Ten years ago today, it seems like only yesterday. I personally knew no one in the World Trade Center, the Pentagon, or Flight 93, that was crashed into a field.  
My baby boy, Braden was one day away from being nine months old. I was living with Moma and Daddy in Wilson, OK. My Moma called me that morning and said turn on the TV. I just sat there holding Braden tight, tears streaming, asking God "who, what, why" is this being done. What kind of world is Braden going to grow up in? How can terrorist hate us so much that they are willing to commit suicide in order to kill innocent people? That was the first time I saw gasoline prices soar, the pumps said $1.85-$2.00. It was considered price gouging. Of course today a gallon of gas costs $3.43. Crazy huh?
 Today, I am saying a prayer for those who have lost loved ones in these attacks, I am praying for our country to continue to rise up and prepare for the prevention of further attacks. I am praying for our nations leaders and future leaders. I pray that they place God into their lives and make wise decisions. 
God Bless America!


Psalms 37:4-

1 Do not fret because of those who are evil
   or be envious of those who do wrong; 

2 for like the grass they will soon wither,
like green plants they will soon die away.

3 Trust in the LORD and do good;
dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture. 

4 Take delight in the LORD,
and he will give you the desires of your heart.

5 Commit your way to the LORD;
trust in him and he will do this: 

6 He will make your righteous reward shine like the dawn,
your vindication like the noonday sun.

7 Be still before the LORD
and wait patiently for him;
do not fret when people succeed in their ways,
when they carry out their wicked schemes.
*portions of this post originally appeared on The 4-Crow's on 9/11/08

No comments: