Saturday, November 17, 2012

Sausage & Cheese Muffins- Pinspiration Project Week 8


Welcome to the Eighth Edition of the Pinspiration Project Link Up from Beth at Masterpiece.


But before we get to my project for the week, allow me to introduce the Pinspiration Project.
There is a page (linked at the top of Beth's website) where you can find the button code for this link up as well as the images for the 0 – 5 Pins rating system. Feel free to find a Pinterest Project (recipe, craft, or etc.), create it, write about it on your blog, and link it up below. Looking forward to reading about the Pinspiration that you choose to share.


 I am preparing for my annual blog linkup and am pinning and starting to take advantage of the new "secret" boards- have you tried them yet? This years theme is, "A Very Pinteresting Christmas". It runs December 3-21 . It will be 15 days of fun Pinteresting Christmas ideas, with a IRL kickoff party in my home on November 30th with a few of my closest friends. I am really getting excited. I hope that you will join in on the fun with me and also join in with Beth at Masterpiece each week with her Pinspiration Project! Be sure to grab my button on the left side of my blog!

This weeks Pinspiration Project is from Plain Chicken- don't you love that blog name?
Sausage & Cheese Muffins
(recipe taken directly from Plain Chicken's site, my changes are marked in parentheses, with hers crossed out)

1 lb. hot (mild) ground pork sausage
1 tsp onion powder
3 cups all-purpose baking mix
1 (10.75 oz) can condensed fiesta nacho cheese soup
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
3/4 cup buttermilk (water or milk will work too) (I used skim milk and 1 C)

Cook sausage and onion in a large skillet over medium to med-high heat, stirring until it crumbles and no longer pink. Drain and cool.

Preheat oven to 375. Combine sausage, baking mix, and shredded cheese in a large bowl. Make a well in the center of the mixture. Stir together the soup and buttermilk; add to sausage mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Spoon into lightly greased mini muffin tins, filling to tops of cups. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned. (Yields 24)


Now, I will tell you a little secret about this mixture. It is THICK!!! I had to use my Extra Hands that I received a few years ago at my church's Christmas Gathering. Which BTW was the last two nights and was a blessing!!! This years gifts were a vintage ornament, an insulated lunch tote, a chevron bag and the BIG gift, a decorative tabletop lantern. My family loved these muffins, I think they are a little heavy- weight wise. My kids still wanted scrambled eggs with them though. What can I say, we love breakfast for dinner and if there is some left for breakfast in the morning- BONUS!!

I give this project...
What was your Pinspiration Project for the week? 
Please visit Beth at Masterpiece and link up.
Beth is actually postponing this project this week until after Thanksgiving, but be thinking about linking up and be sure to visit all of the past projects.

Pin It

No comments: