Friday, November 2, 2012

Stove Clean Scene- Pinspiration Project Week 6

 
 
Welcome to the Sixth Edition of the Pinspiration Project Link Up from Beth at Masterpiece.
But before we get to  my project for the week, allow me to introduce the Pinspiration Project.
There is a page (linked at the top of Beth's website) where you can find the button code for this link up as well as the images for the 0 – 5 Pins rating system. Feel free to find a Pinterest Project (recipe, craft, or etc.), create it, write about it on your blog, and link it up below. Looking forward to reading about the Pinspiration that you choose to share.
 
 I have a gas stove. 
Anyone who cooks with gas knows that the grease, grime, burned on food on the grates and drip pans is nearly impossible to get off. I have tried Comet, Soft Scrub, my dishwasher, everything imaginable. 
During Fall Break, I even priced at Lowe's replacement parts. Yeah, that is not happening in the near future. The double drip pans alone are $12.99 and only come in black.
On Tuesday night, I found the following pin on Pinterest.
I guess she just had nasty grates to contend with.
 
 
 
Warning: What you are about to see is disgusting.
 I am ashamed, that I let the mashed potatoes last week boil over and hadn't cleaned it before now.

  Supplies needed: 
1 gallon Ammonia- $2
rubber gloves
scouring pads
 large sealable container, I used an ice chest
well ventilated space


Now, I must warn you when you start a Pinterest project such as this you will probably end up opening an entire stove clean scene. I mean really how can you have a clean cook top and the inside not be cleaned as well.


You are going to put the grates and pans into the large container and pour the ammonia over them. Let them sit overnight. My burner covers and the left drip pan were clean within about six hours. During that time is when you will do the other clean scene.
 

Now, I am not going to lie to you, you still have to use a little elbow grease. At least I did. Some of my baked on black,  I am sure had been on there for a good nine years. It is back wrenching elbow grease and grime. 
Be prepared for some work, but be even more prepared for the shock that I am about to reveal.


"Whoa Mommy, did you get a new stove?", straight out of the mouth of my five year old daughter.


I'm giving this Pinterest Project...
...because, cleaning is just not worth 5 pins, it did take more muscle than the original pin said, and unfortunately that stove is not going to stay clean forever.

What was your Pinspiration Project for the week? 
Please visit Beth at Masterpiece and link up.
 
Pin It

No comments: