Friday, November 9, 2012

Crockpot Italian Chicken- Pinspiration Project Week 7




Welcome to the Seventh Edition of the Pinspiration Project Link Up from Beth at Masterpiece.

But before we get to my project for the week, allow me to introduce the Pinspiration Project.
There is a page (linked at the top of Beth's website) where you can find the button code for this link up as well as the images for the 0 – 5 Pins rating system. Feel free to find a Pinterest Project (recipe, craft, or etc.), create it, write about it on your blog, and link it up below. Looking forward to reading about the Pinspiration that you choose to share.

I have actually completed four Pinterest Projects this week. I am preparing for my annual linkup. This years theme is,  "A Very Pinteresting Christmas". It runs December 3-21 . It will be 15 days of fun Pinteresting Christmas ideas, with a IRL kickoff party in my home on November 30th with a few of my closest friends. I am really getting excited. I hope that you will join in on the fun with me and also join in with Beth at Masterpiece each week with her Pinspiration Project! Be sure to grab my button on the left side of my blog!

This week's project is Crockpot Italian Chicken from The Girl Who Ate Everything.



Ingredients ( taken exactly from her site)
4 chicken breasts
1 packet dry Zesty Italian dressing (Regular is fine but I like zesty better. Sometimes I use a packet and a half.)
1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
1-2 cans cream of chicken soup (depending how cream cheesy you want it)

Instructions:
Place the chicken in a crockpot and sprinkle Italian dressing over it. Combine cream cheese and cream of chicken soup in a small pot over low heat and pour over chicken. Cook on low in the crockpot for at least 4 hours. You can leave it in there all day. Once chicken is done you can leave the chicken breasts whole, cube it, or even shred it. I always cut the breasts into tenderloin size strips.

Once you have cut up the chicken, throw it back in the crockpot and stir into the sauce. If you feel the sauce is too thick you can thin it to your preferred consistency with a little milk. Serve over pasta or rice.

The before picture. I always forget the after. Besides that's what is above.


Here are my findings. The sauce stuck to my crockpot terribly. I didn't spray my crock. Yuck. This resulted in a loss of about half my sauce, and an awful mess to clean up. Uh, oh! My family loved the recipe though. I served it over a pasta called- flowers?!? It was pretty!

I give this pin a rating of...



What was your Pinspiration Project for the week? 
Please visit Beth at Masterpiece and link up.


Pin It

No comments: