Monday, January 21, 2013

The Best Chicken Pot Pie Ever...

According to my husband, I made the best chicken pot pie ever on Saturday night. Really? I honestly don't even know where I came up with it. My Moma never made it like this. I don't have it anywhere on my Pinterest boards. So, I'm just gonna go with it and claim it as the best ever by ME!!! Lol! Oh and if you did somehow have a hand in this creation you are welcome to speak up and squash my enthusiasm, but it will still be the best ever. Thanks.

Ingredients:
1 13oz can chicken breast
1 can cream of chicken
2 cans mixed vegetables
1 pkg Jiffy Cornbread mix
1 egg
1/3 c milk
Salt
Pepper

Mix Jiffy according to package directions using egg and milk. Set aside. Mix drained veggies & drained chicken together. Mix it well. Add salt and pepper for taste. Pour into 9x13 baking dish sprayed with cooking spray. Then add cornbread on top of mixture. Spread evenly. Bake at 400* for 30 min or until cornbread is brown and if poked with a fork or toothpick comes out clean.

How many does it serve? Pretty much my husband and son ate it all, I got one helping and the daughter ate none!!! But probably 6-8!!!

 photo BlogSignature_zpsaaa2dccc.png

1 comment:

Beth Zimmerman said...

What a fabulous idea! Never thought of using cornbread for the crust! Brilliant!