Tuesday, January 1, 2013

The Bath

Bowl games on in the living room. PS3 on in the boy's room. Good Luck Charlie playing on the Disney Channel. I decide to take this rare opportunity of no refereeing, cooking, cleaning or laundry and empty a bottle of shower gel (it's all I could find) into my garden tub and fill it with the hottest water I can stand. I had just settled in and leaned back with a paperback book when I feel these piercing eyes looking at me. "I just wanted to see if you needed anything Mommy", my five year old daughter said.

I knew the true reason for her visit. Yes, some may say five is too old to jump in the tub with her Mommy, but I know soon she truly will be too big for such an occurrence and that the desire will no longer be there at all. I must cherish these Mommy moments because they soon will be over and I will have the bath alone once more.


6 comments:

Cheryl said...

They grow up way too fast!

ShaRhonda said...

I know. Makes me sad. That's why I know I must cherish each moment for what it is. Thanks for commenting.

Dani M. Stone said...

The garden tub, shower gel and hot water sound like the perfect end to a busy day. It's hard for mamas to share their "me" time but it's tough to resist those pleading eyes isn't it? ;)

Brandi said...

I can so identify!

ShaRhonda said...

Very hard to say no! She's wrapped around my heart.

The 4-Crows Blog said...

I guess that is just how Mommyhood works. Love it.