Thursday, May 14, 2009

Snappin' Memories

One of my memories as a girl was of helping my Aunt Gracie and my Grandma Emma snappin' green beans and peas! Today, we went over to my MIL's house and while visiting she took out some fresh green beans and started snappin' them. Kaybrie who had never seen this done before, immediately went over and started helping, it was so stinkin' cute! Of course, Grandma is gonna have to go through the beans before cooking, but what a little helper and I am so glad that I could catch this memory on film! And now, she has no excuse in the future when I am ready for a pot of green beans and new potatoes because I know that she knows how to snap them! LOL!

3 comments:

Liz said...

That is cute, never too early to learn! :-)

Megan said...

I used to love snapping beans and peas. I mostly ate the peas out of the pods. Cute picture, and I love your bloggy background!

Amy said...

I love this story! It reminds me of being a little girl growing up in rural Oklahoma. I spent a lot of time with my grandma who loved to cook and was a very patient teacher. She taught me things I didn't know I was learning at the time like family comes first and faith will take you far.