Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day 2009


I have never been one to visit the cemetery during Memorial Day, however this particular Memorial Day, along with my Moma, Kaybrie, niece Jadyn and nephew Rowdy, I did. For me it is a feeling of sadness and great joy. Sadness, because of the unvisited and uncared for graves. Joy for the souls that are not there and that will one day soon be called to meet their bodies. I think it is all summed up in the following song by Chris Tomlin:

"I Will Rise"

I will rise when He calls my name

No more sorrow, no more pain

I will rise on eagles' wings

Before my God, fall on my knees

And rise

I will rise..


My Paternal Grandparents-Rufus & Emma Williams 1992: 50th Wedding Anniversary

Their Grave at Bomar Point Cemetery in Wilson, OK

My Maternal Grandparents Franklin & Madie Tomlinson
picture taken approximately 1939


Their Grave in Tushka Cemetery in Tushka, OK

My Uncle Freddie Tomlinson

Tushka Cemetery in Tushka, OK

Aunt Gracie & Moma preparing a lovely remembrance garden for their baby brother,
my Uncle Freddie who we lost two years ago.

Memorial Day is not only about our lost loved ones, but also a day of remembrance for those who have lost their lives serving our country and who are currently serving our country in our National Armed Forces. Life is fragile, each day should be respected and loved, for we know not what tomorrow might bring. My prayer is that if the reader of this post does not know my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ as their personal Savior that they seek further for the Truth, please feel free to send me a private e-mail if I can pray with you. I love you and so does Jesus!


2 comments:

Liz said...

This is a beautiful Memorial Day Post! Thanks for sharing the photos and thoughts.

Fergie said...

I love this. I wasn't aware they were doing a memorial garden, though it's perfect. Thanks for "memorializing" this!