Sunday, September 6, 2009

Start It Out Right Sunday- Week 11

Prayer. I believe that the power of prayer can move mountains.

In Matthew 19-20 Jesus says "Again I say to you, that if two of you agree on earth about anything that they may ask, it shall be done for them by My Father who is in heaven. For where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst."

It seems that we are all being hit with some type of strife in our lives. Sickness (physical and mental), job loss, family relationships, our country, jealousy, mission work, foreign relations, housing situations, schools- these have all crossed our prayer lists within the past year and tend to be a growing and constant focus.

I actually had a friend call me a prayer warrior the other day. Yes, I take my friend's/family's prayer requests very seriously, but I took that to God and said, "Whoa....I don't want that label!" And of course I gave Him every reason why or why not! Regardless of what label I get, I'm still gonna pray! And I have decided that it is time to teach my kids how to pray, other than our typical bedtime prayer:

Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep, guide and guard me through the night and wake me with the mornings light. Dear Jesus, watch over Mommy, Daddy, me and Kaybrie. Keep us safe at work, school and home. Be with all of our friends and loved ones. In Jesus name I pray, Amen.

Yes, I added the last part a couple of years ago, but I think it is time to get specific with the 8 year old and of course I've introduced prayer to 2 year old, and she is starting to now say some of the words aloud, so she might as well start learning to pray from the heart as well. I have a few simple board books that I am going to start out with: Prayers for My Loved Ones, Prayers for People Who Make a Difference, Prayers for Our Planet, and Prayers for Special Days we are going to read these and then expand on them. And that is my Start it Out Right Sunday!

Feel free to email me (upper left hand corner is the link) any prayer requests you might have. I can certainly keep them confidential or share with my church community group! Have a great week!


How do you participate in Start It Out Right Sunday's? Please email The4Crow's, you'll be added as a reader then just play along. All you have to do is grab the button, sign MckLinky it will and share in your blog post how you are gonna Start It Out Right, it can be from the Sermon at Church, the diet you will start, the house you will clean, the amends you will make, just anything to get to Start IT Out Right! Have fun playing along, I look forward to reading each week!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

we say that same prayer...teaching our children to pray is one of the BEST things we can do for them...
lovely post ShaRhonda
why have you not been showing up on my blogroll grrrrr@blogger

SimaG Jewelry said...

Hello My Friend,
Just want to say hello. Thank you for your e.mail this morning about this great giveaway{no need} but just stoped to say hello and the blog looks great.

LOVE,
SimaG