Monday, June 14, 2010

MckLinky Monday: How Daddy & Moma Crow Met!

The RHOK

It's MckLinky Monday again, and boy are we Housewives a NOSEY, get in your Business Bunch!  I really like it though, because not only does it help me reminiscence and get those butterflies in my tummy again, it also makes me get it down for the sole purpose of my blog: for my kids and grandkids! This week's question is brought by the lovely Mrs. Albright aka Dawn at Dawn's Diversions who I have known and been reading the longest of all the Housewives.

How Did You Meet Your Spouse?

October 27th, 2004 I turned Thirty.  I had just gone through a divorce and it was finalized in January of that year. That marriage, if you can call it that, lasted seven years.  I was a single Mom of a wonderful three year old little boy. Because of my little boy and my upbringing and church, I knew I had to find a new church for us and get involved. That January we began attending The Church at BattleCreek. From January to October, I dated a little, one guy in particular- which was totally Mr.WRONG from the beginning, but can you say REBOUND.  In September, I started a DivorceCare class at Church and Braden got involved with some kids at church as well.
So the Big 3-0 rolled around, even though I was saying Thirty, Flirty and Thriving, I wasn't exactly feeling it!  I mean come on! Single Working Mom's know where all the cheap eat night's are at McDonald's, Burger King and Mazzios and we are in bed by 9 o'clock, unless an episode of Sex and the City is on TBS that you haven't seen! Because believe me, secretly you live your life through Carrie, Samantha, Charlotte and Miranda- who wouldn't?

Did I mention that I spent the Big 3-0 at Incredible Pizza with my son, yeah I skipped my DivorceCare Class to hang out and play skiiball! Well, the following week, exactly a week on November 3, 2004, I had half a mind to skip class again. I didn't.  Gayla my friend in the class invited her cousin, don't remember much about him other than when asked why I missed and spent my birthday alone, I then went off on my depression and made the comment that I was going to turn into a hamburger, this guy was asked if I looked like a hamburger and he turned red and said "You look very nice to me!"  I think he was at church the following Sunday and I caught him checking out my legs! Then on Monday the 8th, I got a call from Gayla asking for permission to give my phone number out to her cousin Jason who came to class- he thought I was pretty! I said I guess, he would never call.

 He didn't call, that is until the 22nd of November! He was scared. SCARED? Of what? Rejection. Oh how sweet is that!  Jason had me at HELLO and after 3 1/2 hours on the phone. LOL! Our first date was the Friday after Thanksgiving on November 26, 2004.  We went to Don Pablo's and then saw Christmas with The Crank's. I tried to meet him there after work, but he was having none of that!  He picked me up, opened the door and didn't even try to kiss me, I had to hug him! Such a gentleman. But he did ask me out again, and did call all weekend! Bonus that, on Sunday was Braden's Baby Dedication his entire family was there and I met his Mother and our Mother's met! Wowee...Talk about sweating in Church!

Did I mention that it is illegal to date in DivorceCare? I finished the class, he never came back! We still attend and love TCABC!

Anyway we were Engaged in February of 2005 and Married in May of 2005 and have now been married Five Years!!!

4 comments:

ThatsBaloney said...

I didn't know he was divorced as well. How cute that he was scared to call!

Mom Mayhem says: said...

Sometimes it's good to be a little nosey ;) Such a great story -so cute he was scared! Glad it all worked out though :)

Dawn said...

Like Jonni, I didn't know he had been married before either.

What a sweet love story you have to share. It's so nice when you know you have married who God intended you to marry!

Dishin And Dishes said...

We've been married 5 years too! What an awesome story!