Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Take Me Back Tuesday- Wedding Day

Here it is, the "official" wedding portrait! Yep, if you watch Regis & Kelly, you have heard Kelly Ripa talk all about her Las Vegas wedding. And, she is not joking. For a grand total of $200.13, Jason and I got a preacher, limo, professional wedding portraits, a wedding planner, flowers, witness, wedding certificates and The Little White Wedding Chapel. Gotta love the whole Las Vegas wedding chapel experience. Ridiculous props in the background of the wedding photos, the columns, the fake ivy, cheesy photo poses while the limo driver is snapping away a roll of 24 exposure 35mm film to hand you once the vows are said, reminding you to make sure you pay the $35 to have it developed in the hotel gift shop before you leave Las Vegas, because the airport scanners could possibly ruin the happiest day of your life.
All joking aside about the experience, it truly was the happiest day of my life and I would not have had it any other way 4 years ago today. Vegas was the perfect way for Jason and me to share this moment in our lives together!
Thank you God for placing us into each other lives and blessing us with two wonderful healthy children, a beautiful home, families that love us and friends that surround us. We also thank you God for our wonderful church, The Church At Battle Creek where we met! Amen!
And God as a side note if you see fit, I really would like for all of my family and friends (of course they have to pay their own way) to fly with us to Hawaii in six years to renew our wedding vows, where my darling brother who was ordained on Sunday will officiate the renewal of the vows and I will be barefoot on the beach! Amen!
By the way, did I mention in Vegas that I wore Flip Flops to get hitched in? They were so cute! And Celine simply Rocked!
Happy Anniversary Honey, I Love YOU!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Kari @ A Giveaway Addicted Mommy said...

You know, I may have to renew my vows in Vegas. We have been talking about doing it at 10 years and I wasn't sure how I wanted to do it but your experience sounds like so much fun. And that is what we want.

You look so beautiful and happy!

Liz said...

Happy Anniversary! I am all for Hawaii, and like I said, I should be going there in December. :-) We'll see!

Unknown said...

awwwww what a lovely pic! Happppppppppppppy Anniversary...sorry about all the ppppppppppp's I spilled coffee on my keyboard and the P key now sticks

Megan said...

Happy Anniversary!
I want to renew my vows in Hawaii! Great idea!!!

Fergie said...

Girl, you look HOT in that picture!