Monday, August 2, 2010

MckLinky Monday: Friends

The RHOK

On this MckLinky Monday Mrs. Albright is wanting to know what qualities are important in your friendships. As I edited her post last night I couldn't help but have tears in my eyes as I thought of a few of my friends and even of my recent post on The RHOK about Friends.

It wasn't until I became a SAHM that I realized what true friendships were. I began to repair left behind friendships and made new ones. Just like Mrs. Albright, my life is made up of God, my husband and my family. My husband is ultimately my best friend, but I have discovered just like her that I need my girls! My post before wasn't specific but now I am going to tell what qualities are important to me in friendships!

To be my friend, you have got to not just act like my friend, but truly BE my friend! That means in all settings, no matter where we are or what we are doing! You have to love my children and be willing to do just as much for them as you would do for me! Friendship is a two way street!

You have to laugh at me, with me and beside me!

You have to cry with me, cry on me or just listen if I want to cry!

You have to listen to me gripe, gripe to me or gripe with me!

We have to agree to disagree at some point and know that it might hurt each other's feelings, but it's all good!

You have to love to eat as much as I do and diet as much as I do and yo-yo as much as I do!

You must be open to try new things, just as I am open to try new things!

...and the rules are subject to change whenever and however but we have to discuss them first. After all, we are GIRLFRIENDS!
This is Tonya, my first friend, my FOREVER FRIEND

This is Stacye, a friendship formed in a workout class that has only grown stronger due to common interest, kids and because we think sooo much alike!
Angie- We were brought together through our husbands. A strong bond & love for each others families that has lasted a lifetime and will continue for several generations if we have anything to do with it!

My RHOK Friends, minus Kristin, strong women who have a common interest with me, blogging. Without them and their encouragement and understanding, I wouldn't be writing and improving on something I love so much!

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Excellent post!!! I loved your last sentence! So true!!!

Mom Mayhem says: said...

Oh I know what you mean -being there through the ups and downs! My hubby is my best friend too but, I have come to value girl time more and more as well :)