Monday, April 18, 2011

The RHOK Reads: From My Nest

The RHOK

First of all let me just say, I am a very bad book clubber. I need to be clubbed. I'm one of those read ahead girls. I'm reading The Pioneer Woman's Black Heels to Tractor Wheels on my Kindle and it is easy to miss the fact that I am skipping through the pages a little too fast. Sorry Mrs. Edwards.
I L-O-V-E the book. I am of course a sucker for a good romance. I am finding it really hard to believe that 
Miss Ree is such a "good" girl and that the make out sessions do not include anymore than K-I-S-S-I-N-G!
Oh, and about her Daddy dropping the bomb about the big "D"- well, I'm a little lot upset about the fact that Ree and her brothers and sister do not throw adult fits about it. I would.
Oh I just love MM, he is just so darn cool, calm and collected. Why didn't I grow up in his neck of the woods? LOL! I love premature graying men- I'm married to one!
Ree, whoa you really were kind of hoity toity! At least you admit it. How did you ever not sit in a bench seat of a pickup truck next to a boy. Didn't any of your girlfriends drive pickups and you cram as many boy/girl friends in as you could? Well, I did. But, I didn't grow up with a daddy as doctor and on a golf course- which by the way is Bartlesville like split by railroad tracks or something? The pickup boot wearing people live on one side and the golf cart, designer jean wearing girls on the other? I'm confused. I'll have to ask Mrs. "Normal" Sinclair about that one.
Did I mention that I love, love, love this book? I can't put it down. It seems that maybe a man really can sweep a city girl into the country life and make it work!
Hope you are reading with us, if not pick it up- believe me it won't be hard to catch up!

1 comment:

Mom Mayhem says: said...

I know I'm trying not to read ahead too much! I was a little surprised that she's kinda hoity toity -but, true at least she admits it -and I do have to wonder about just the kissing ;) I am enjoying the book though and glad to join up with The RHOK :)