Saturday, April 30, 2011

The RHOK Reads: From My Nest

The RHOK

This week we've been reading Part 2 of Black Heels to Tractor Wheels by Ree Drummond, aka The Pioneer Woman. 

(yeah, they think that's where I'm at- I won't tell them the truth- nope they won't get any of this down me-Ree's tip: vodka + orange juice = truth serum)

That poor butter colored wool suit. What was Ree thinking. Oklahoma, humidity, and wool.  All I could think of was the analogy, "Sweating like a HO in church"- Ree definitely put a twist on that bless her heart- but I guess you need to read this awesome book to know what exactly I'm talking about, right?!?

Oh and Marlboro Man- I love him. So calm and non-chalant. Waiting until she said IT, those three little  big words to him before making that trek to the city to get the ring and then reaching into his pocket and simply saying "Do you wanna get married?" I thought it was perfect.

Bra and Panty woman mowing the lawn- what's the big deal? She lives in the back 40, its her back 40 if you don't like it don't look. I've seen worse I guess. Bra and panties cover up more than some swimsuits.

Now we are supposed to be reading Part 3 for next week!!
Get this book, its the best read I've read in a long while!!!



1 comment:

ThatsBaloney said...

You would think bra and panty grandma is okay. Maybe it's because you were raised in the middle of nowhere?! That's just not right!!