Thursday, September 12, 2013

Just Trying to Find My Way Like in Nemo

Lately, I feel just like Nemo. Out in a big ocean. Trying to find my way. Hitting every obstacle imaginable with my 7th grader and 1st grader. Only my obstacle is parenthood, so maybe I am really like Marlin, Nemo's Daddy, and my children are Nemo and Dory. Do I sink or do I swim? I must "just keep swimming", so that my babies also know to do the same. With a new school year comes many changes. Teachers, testing, new schools, and new rules. My opinion often times doesn't matter and cannot be changed. I must not allow my children to hear my frustrations or become a victim to them. However, I am my children's advocate and I will do what is best for them. Whether it be 3 minutes between classes in middle school, a no back pack rule, or the fact that your 6yr old daughter tells her pediatrician that she is bored and doesn't want to go to school because all they do is Kindergarten work. 








Funny how an animated movie can relate so much to life isn't it? I was asked by Connect Your Home to watch and review the Blu-Ray copy of Pixar's Finding Nemo in anticipation of the release of Finding Dory. Finding Dory is an upcoming 2015 computer-animated film produced by Pixar Animation Studios and the sequel to the 2003 Pixar film Finding Nemo. Andrew Stanton, who directed the original film, will return as director.The film is scheduled to be released on November 25, 2015. It has also been confirmed that characters from the first film will appear in the sequel, including Dory, Nemo, Marlin and the Tank Gang. My family cannot wait until this long anticipated film comes out.

Connect Your Home is an award winning, authorized retailer of the top home service organizations in the nation, including: DISH Network, Time Warner Cable, ADT, HughesNet, and many more. They are a privately owned company that aspires to keep every home across the country connected, and currently service 90,000 consumers and counting.
So, if I come to you and say:

"Would somebody please just give me directions?"
Don't mock me and say in return: "Would somebody please just give me directions?"
Because "I'm serious!"
I really don't need your "Blah-blah-blah, me-me-blah! Blah-blah, blah-blah, me-me-me!"

I really am a Mom trying to find my way, with the best interest of my children at heart.

 photo BlogSignature_zpsaaa2dccc.png

2 comments:

OKRoserock said...

Hang in there Sharonda...you'll find your way. Moms need adjustment time when each school year starts too. I think "Finding Nemo" may be one of my favorite Pixar movies because the lessons it teaches are perfect for kids and grownups. Don't forget "Just keep swimming!"

ShaRhonda said...

I'm trying Rose. My ocean just seems to be getting bigger though, with no land in sight. So frustrated. So tired of waiting. Hopefully I will have the answer I am wanting w/ a great solution soon. Thanks for the encouragement.