Thursday, November 13, 2014

Clarence the Nutcracker Turkey Disguise and Story by Miss K

Miss K's latest 2nd grade assignment was a Family Turkey Project. Attached to the instruction sheet was a paper turkey. We were to help this turkey make it safely past Thanksgiving by disguising him. We had to think of something unique or special to our family and disguise him accordingly.

These were the directions we had to follow:

  • Cut out the turkey.
  • Decide how to disguise him and have fun.
  • Return to school no later than November 14th.




We had a LOT of fun with this project. We used cardstock, glitter and paint to help disquise the turkey. Special thanks to this site for help on the nutcracker cutout. I had to reduce it in the copier to 75 percent of size, and then I actually used my cricut to cut out the face, nose and eyes (I can't cut a perfect circle even if a pattern is given to me.)


Miss K did a great job of cutting, pasting, and WRITING. Here is the story she had to write in the perspective of the turkey.

Hi! My name is Clarence. I am a turkey. I heard my farmer tell his kids that I am going to be Thanksgiving dinner. Yikes. I think I should run away and join the ballet.

My friend K is going to be in the Nutcracker this year. She is going to be a mouse. K loves nutcrackers. I will dress up like one and go to her practice. I need glitter, paint, a hat, a buckle, and a coat.


When Clarence went to Nutcracker practice with K, Miss Pam gave me the part of the Nutcracker. That is how I escaped Thanksgiving Day dinner.

Have you ever helped disguise a Turkey? What was the disguise?


 photo BlogSignature_zpsaaa2dccc.png

No comments: