Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Ten Years of Wedded Bliss

Jason and I celebrated our TEN year anniversary yesterday. If you are any friend of mine you already know because of the countless posts on Facebook and Instagram.

May 19, 2005

 I posted a 10 picture slide show of us at 4:30 am so he could see it as soon as he got to work. It contained the following three slides.


I loved this slide and it really surprised him. Throughout this blog I have documented our stories. The story of how we met. Our engagement story. Our wedding story. After all this is what this blog is all about. Our family: living, laughing, learning and loving. 


I found myself humming a little Shania over the past few weeks. Romantic, huh?


He asked me how I figured all those hours and minutes. Thank you Pinterest. LOL!


I made a cake. A bundt cake. Our son was rather upset that he couldn't dig in as soon as he got home from school. Funny story. I ran to the store to get a can of frosting for this cake. I decided to make a glaze instead. Canned frosting may never be used again at my house.

Chocolate Glaze
2 T melted butter
3 T Cocoa
1 1/2 C Powdered Sugar
1 t vanilla
4 T warm water

Melt butter over low heat, add other ingredients. Stir until smooth. Pour over cake. 


I fixed my hair, did my makeup, and put my boots on. We went to dinner at Charleston's. ALONE!!!

May 19, 2015

As far as anniversary gifts....#10 is supposed to be jewelry, my new Nikon D 3300 DSLR fits beautifully around my neck and in my hand!!! He always has had a knack for adorning me.

 photo BlogSignature_zpsaaa2dccc.png

1 comment:

Kitchen Kelli said...

Congratulations! I had no idea we were married so close to each other - our 10th is June 21. I love your story - it's so sweet and I'm very happy for you! Happy Anniversary.