Sunday, January 25, 2009

Happy 54th Birthday, Moma!

Moma, with Granddaughter's: Jadyn, Kaybrie & Mika-Christmas 2008

Belinda Kay Tomlinson-Williams, born, January 25, 1955 to Franklin & Madie Tomlinson, Atoka, Oklahoma. Today is my Moma's 54th birthday, but let me tell you, she looks like my older sister! Proverbs 31: 10-31 describes my Moma! A Virtuous Woman. I especially like verses 25-31.

Strength and dignity are her clothing, and she smiles at her future
She opens her mouth in wisdom, and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue.
She looks well to the ways of her household, and does not eat the bread of idleness.
Her children rise up and bless her; her husband also, and he praises her, saying: "Many daughters have done noble, but you excel them all."
Charm is deceitful and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the Lord, she shall be praised.
Giver her the product of her hands, and let her works praise her in the gates.

My Moma is the 6th of 8 children. She did not have an easy life growing up, she had to work in the fields to help her parents, but I think that she did have some fun, I've been told that she could cuss like a sailor (good thing she grew out of that)! Now, I'm sure there are many things that she is not proud of, but there are many things she should be! For one, she was the first in her family to get a high school diploma-while also getting Valedictorian of her class. Two, she has been married to the same man, for almost 36 years (God Bless Her). Thirdly, she has 3 wonderful children. ShaRhonda (me), who was the first grandchild to get a college diploma, had a 10 year banking career, and now is a SAHM. Jason, my brother, the pastor in southern Oklahoma who just received his college degree, and my sister, Stephanie who is a SAHM as well and blessed my parents with the 1st grandchild in 1999. Fourthly, my Moma is a Nana to nine grandchildren with one on the way! She is the most wonderful Nana in the world. She plays with the kids, helps them climb trees, has tea parties, watches movies with them, plays ball with them, and oh, did I forget spoils them rotten while making them mind!

In her spare time, my Moma loves working in her yard. And what a yard it is! 5 acres! But she only keeps 3 acres of it up with flowers, plants, trees, shrubs, water pond, bird sanctuary, and cactus garden! I must say, I do admire her love for nature and being outside. I myself, did not get that virtue from her!

I can only remember one time in my teenage years that I hurt her, and boy did I hurt her, not only physically in a rage for control, but mostly I broke her heart! Yes, I suppose all children will hurt their mother in one way or the other, I pray that mine will not.
My Moma....the woman who gave birth to me, the woman who nurtured me, who fixed my boo boos, who helped me excel through school, who was there for me during my darkest relationship, the woman who was there when I gave birth to my beautiful babies, the woman who is now my best friend, the woman that I want to become......I love you Moma, Happy Birthday!


Moma's Pride & Joy, her Fish Pond!

4 comments:

Glenna said...

Ok now that you made me cry!!!!That is a beautiful story ! What a wonderful blessing you are to eachother!!
God Bless!

Michelle said...

What a wonderful story. Happy Birthday!!

Megan said...

Aaah how sweet! Your moma would love to read this. Very sweet!

Liz said...

Yes, happy b-day to the best Mother-in-Law a girl could have!!