Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Today: History, My Insight


This entry is for my children. History was made today. In November 2008, our nation elected to the greatest office in the United States, Barack Obama. Mr. Obama took the oath of Presidency today, January 20, 2009. President Obama is the 44th President to our great nation. He is also the first African-American to take this position. Over 2 million people attended this historical event. I am not going to lie to you, our new president was not my choice. However, I support the office, and I will be honest with you, I saw and heard things today out of the mouth of our new president that I liked. He has a very tough job ahead of him. Our economy, jobs, military and health care will become his first focuses. Regardless of who holds this office, I will support him/her with prayer. God already knows what is going to happen. God always has been, is, and will be! Therefore, I will continue to place my faith in my heavenly Father, and pray for God's wisdom to be carried out through the actions of President Barack Obama. May God bless and keep safe, him, his wife, and two beautiful girls!