Monday, May 3, 2010

MckLinky Monday: The Proposal

The RHOK


This week at The RHOK the question is How Did He Propose?

For the Crow Love Bird's, it was Superbowl 39 (don't ask me to figure out the Roman Numerals),
February 5, 2005! I worked that particular Saturday. Jason, Braden, who was only four years old at the time, and my MIL went to Star Jewelers in downtown Broken Arrow to pick out the ring. What an awesome, thoughtful man to include his future son in not only such a huge purchase decision but a life decision. After work, my normal routine was to buy groceries at Wal-Mart. The guys met me, don't you know how hard it was for them to keep a secret?  Five years ago, this past SuperBowl weekend my wonderful husband hid an engagement ring in the grocery bags that I brought home from Wal-Mart, he waited patiently while I put them away, and then when I found the box, he dropped to his knee and became the happiest man ever when he made me the happiest woman ever! I love SuperBowl weekends! And yes, I always check for hidden treasure in everything!!

Our Engagement Picture!

4 comments:

Dawn said...

What a sweet proposal. I love treasures.

And, it was very thoughtful that he included your son. That says a lot about the kind of man/father he is.

Mom Mayhem says: said...

How sweet! Isn't great to find a great man who will also accept our kids?! BTW I also noticed our anniversaries are close together -Our's is May 22!

Delana said...

So sweet and thoughtful!

jennykate77 said...

AWE!!! Super sweet story! That was a cool idea. It was really sweet and thoughtful of him to include your little boy. I love that!