Tuesday, August 9, 2011

In My Neck of The Woods

At my nest this week...MOM things/Me Week!
Yep, my nest is pretty much resolving around Moma Crow.
I am doing my in-service training at work. The kids are out of school, but I am certainly working doing training and cleaning for the 2011-2012 year. On Monday I became officially certified by the American Heart Association in CPR! I had CPR in both high school and college, but it is amazing how much you forget. I highly recommend that any of my readers look into this. The AHA is a great organization. They support the Go Red for Women Campaign and if you become certified and move out of state, your certification follows you, unlike local certifications. Check into it on their site!
Most of you know that I LOVE me some football- especially when it comes to watching my little man play! I am now serving the second year as our team's treasurer. We take pride in our BA Black Tigers family! Monday night we had  mom's night out with the mom's on our team. We met at Chili's in BA! We chatted. Ate. And of course there were door prizes involved. Three of them. Two pairs of FlipFlops that I made and a necklace that Ms. Ann made- sorry Ann I didn't get a picture.
The door prizes were won based on votes tallied by the individual mom's based on creative name tags. The tags had to meet the following criteria.

1. The Mom's Name
2. Their Player's Name
3. Be Creative

Me & Kortney-the Team Mom, one of my BFF's!
 Before one of us finishes thinking of it, the other one does it, that's just how we roll and throw!

My nametag- oops, I forgot to take a picture of the finished product. I  sewed Braden's name on it in beads and had a daisy behind it and of course had it hung around my neck on my BA lanyard! The $130?- LOL, what else but our team dues.

We gave away a pair of Tata FlipFlops of course!

And of course we gave away a pair of BA Tiger FlipFlops.
Go BA Tigers!!!
That's what is going on in my neck of the woods this week. I am so ready for Friday. First football scrimmage! Go BA Black!! 
So tell us at The RHOK what is going on in your neck of the woods. We want to know!

2 comments:

ThatsBaloney said...

I don't know how you have the energy for that after work. Amazing.

Alyssa said...

Dang! You're busy!! I do love me some football, though. I'm more of a ridiculous college football fan, but one day I'm sure my now 6 year old will be playing (maybe). You're flip flops are darling!