Friday, October 26, 2012

Meatball Bubble Biscuits- Pinspiration Project Week 5


Welcome to the Fifth Edition of the Pinspiration Project Link Up from Beth at Masterpiece.

But before we get to  my project for the week, allow me to introduce the Pinspiration Project.
There is a page (linked at the top of Beth's website) where you can find the button code for this link up as well as the images for the 0 – 5 Pins rating system. Feel free to find a Pinterest Project (recipe, craft, or etc.), create it, write about it on your blog, and link it up below. Looking forward to reading about the Pinspiration that you choose to share.

I'm thinking every one of you will be extremely proud of me this week. I did not choose a Crockpot recipe.
Finally cooler temps = OVEN!!!


This recipe came from a pin on *Riches to Rags" by Dori. As always I include her recipe, but I will tell you my changes/shortcuts in parentheses.

Meatball Bubble Biscuits

1 can Pillsbury golden layers biscuits - each pulled into 2 layers (I used Great Value Homestyle and didn't separate)
10 frozen fully cooked Italian style meatballs - thawed and cut in half  (I used the Great Value Homestyle meatballs. We don't care for the aftertaste of the Italian style)
2 sticks string cheese - cut each into 10 pieces (I used shredded mozzarella cheese, the kids ate all the string cheese-imagine that!)
1 T Parmesan cheese (I used the powdered stuff)
1/2 t Italian seasoning
1/4 t garlic powder
1 C marinara sauce

Heat oven to 375. Separate biscuits into 2 layers (I didn't do this). Place 1 meatball half and one piece of cheese into each biscuit, wrap dough around it and seal edges (I sandwiched a pinch of mozzarella cheese between two halves, so that I had one meatball per biscuit, then made sure my biscuit wrapped around the meatball, pinching the seam). Place seam side down into 9 inch round cake pan. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, garlic powder. and Italian seasoning. Bake 18-20 min or until golden brown. Serve warm with warm sauce. (I didn't use, this time)


Here's a picture of my end result.
 I am truly not a food photog or I would have snapped before I served.
I served these with Kraft Madagascar shaped Macaroni & Cheese. They were a quick hit. But, ten wasn't near enough...

My family gives this pin a rating of:

What was your Pinterest Project for the week? Make sure you visit Beth at Masterpiece and link up!




Pin It

2 comments:

Beth Zimmerman said...

I tried to comment but it looked like it was in the default comment system and then, after eliminating that one, it switched to Disqus. Weird!


Anyway this recipe looks like a keeper. Thanks for sharing!

ShaRhonda Crow said...

You are welcome. Thanks for coming back. Something must be going on w/ disqus. I hate to do away w/ the default commenting system though because some are afraid of disqus.