Friday, October 26, 2012

School Paper Overload? There's an App for That!

It's been six years since I've had a kindergartner. Frankly, I had forgotten the paper load of 123's, ABC's, and all the colors and art that go along with them. If I remember correctly about the time they start getting the A's and B's in 3rd grade, is when the load drops off. 

This is how my daughter decorates my refrigerator when she comes home from school.
Does yours bare a striking resemblance? 


This is two days worth of papers that I have confiscated from her backpack before she got into the decorating mode, thankfully ballet interrupted.


Now don't get me wrong. I am extremely sentimental with my children's work. I even have a few pieces of my son's framed. I just don't have space to keep everything. But, I also don't want to lose those memories either. My own Moma kept my work, but unfortunately it was lost in a home fire when I was in fifth grade. Some memories are to be cherished. Easily cherished. With the click of my camera on my phone, I can now save, share and eventually even publish these memories in a photobook, gift or other keepsake.
The app is called ArtKive, and is available on iTunes.

I set both of my kids up in the app, tackling the present first and will move on to the other box soon. As you can see by the picture you can change grades. Score- all ready for the next few years!

Here is Kaybie's artkive so far...


I love this picture. It was color by sight words- I, the, my, a, and go.


What is awesome about this app is you can set up a share circle. That way grandparents or whoever you include can be emailed directly all the beautiful artwork.
This is a win, win app! What are you waiting for? Download it while it's still FREE!!!

Disclosure: I was not compensated for this post and am not affiliated with ArtKive in any way- at this time! I just wanted to pass on to my readers a Mommy find, that I find extremely useful!


Pin It

No comments: