Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Get Ready to Hear "My Hair Had A Party Last Night"



No. Really. This is a song. Have you heard it yet? I hadn't either until last night when I got an email asking me to tell my readers about this band that would be performing at Guthrie Green in Tulsa on Friday night, June 7.  It is free to the public and begins at 5:30 pm.

Trout Fishing in America.  That's the name of the band. Trout Fishing in America, a four time Grammy nominee, is a children's band coming to the First Friday at the Guthrie Green. 

Trout Fishing in America is an eclectic folk/rock band best known for family music and kids’ songs. Songs like “My Hair Had a Party Last Night,” “18 Wheels on a Big Rig,” and “When I Was a Dinosaur” have earned them a place in the hearts of kids and parents everywhere.. Their website even has lesson plans and coloring pages to go with their music.

Keith Grimwood and Ezra Idlet, the musicians of Trout Fishing in America, met in Houston more than three decades ago and have been playing together ever since. Their music has won multiple Parents’ Choice and Indie awards and their songwriting workshops have been described as "life changing."

Oh, and I absolutely LOVE this next part- they will  be taking collections for Oklahoma tornado victims there too.  Maybe I'll see you out there, my family is definitely doing something "out" Friday night just not sure what yet. 

1 comment:

Kim said...

Thanks for sharing this event! It was a blast.