Sunday, February 22, 2009

Something Different: A "Royal" Beauty Treatment

Moma, I didn't have to pluck hers this visit!
Me, Feeling like a Queen

In my Ladies Bible study, we are doing Beth Moore's Esther. For almost two years, Esther was put through extensive beauty treatments in order to be presented to King Xerxes, as a possible candidate for Queen. I wonder if the following ancient hair removal was used? Threading.

At the Woodland Hills Mall here in Tulsa, out in the middle of the mall, where there are thousands of shoppers walking by peering, at least 20 women were in line this Saturday for their "royal" beauty treatment, and Moma and I were amongst them. Picture this there are three "threaders", working side by side, criss-crossing a piece of string, holding one end in their mouth, and grabbing facial hairs from their clients. Oh, what pain we go through to be so vain! Actually, the pain in the brow area wasn't bad at all......but, about twice a year I must attack the lip & that was a little painful. Worth it? YES! Cost, $10 for the brow & $5 for the lip. Supposedly the treatment will last up to 6 weeks, if so...I will be back! For more info, click on the following link. http://hairremoval.about.com/od/threading/a/threading101.htmI have also included a YouTube Video.

5 comments:

Fergie said...

That is sooo weird. It seems like tweezing with thread. Cool posting! =)

Megan said...

I've wondered about that! Wow, it's crazy. Cool though.

SimaG Jewelry said...

Hello My Dear..

This is great and you are so brave!!!!!!!!
Yes,I am from the Israel and everyone gets the eyebrows done like this: ouchhhhhh THAT HEART!

BUT IT IS WORTH IT!

your eyebrows looks beautiful!

LOVE,
SimaG

Glenna said...

WOW!!! That's interesting! Your eyebrows did look great this morning!Not nearly as expensive as I thought it would be,actually I think its cheaper than waxing!!

gg♥

Liz said...

I have heard about this for quite awhile, but you know down in my neck of the woods it's hard to find stuff like that. I guess that is what happens when you live in podunkville!

I am glad you guys had fun.