Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Take Me Back Tuesday- The Man I Never Knew

Jimmy D. Crow

This post is for my husband Jason. I love you.
This post is in celebration of a man whom I never had the privilege of meeting. The man whom I have been told would have absolutely adored me and my children. The man who absolutely adored his baby boy, "Tiger" Crow, otherwise know as Jason, my husband.
Jimmy D. Crow was born May 19, 1939, in Dardanelle, Arkansas. He was raised on a farm and graduated from Dardanelle High School in 1957. He attended Arkansas Technical University before moving to Tulsa in December of 1959.
Jim began his career in the automobile business by selling used cars for his uncle. In 1965, he co-founded Crow Brothers Toyota, which he owned and operated for 37 years. He sold the business in September 2002. He passed away on November 7, 2002 after as a result of an aneurysm and a brief battle with Leukemia.
From what I have been told, this man loved his family, was a fantastic business man, and a friend to all! I am very truly sorry that I never had the privilege to meet this man, but I know that the people who did, loved him very much!

Jim helping Jason get ready for Senior Prom 1989


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Kari @ A Giveaway Addicted Mommy said...

That was a wonderful post - My husband always talks about his grandfather and I wish I had had the chance to meet him too.

You FIL had some guns in that last picture!! Tan and buff!!

Liz said...

Awww, that is a sweet post!

Megan said...

That's sweet! Great pics, your hubby should read this!