Thursday, October 16, 2008

The Mom I Want to Be........Bible Study update

I know, I know, I haven't really blogged lately about my Bible Study......it's just that the first few chapters "get the junk out of the trunk" as my study leader "S" says. And then, the next few chapters deal with forgiveness, not exactly something that I can put into writing on a public blog, but bear with me and know that I am growing.....Not sure if anyone read my comments on the previous blog, but the author of the book left a comment. Whoa, you talk about a God "thing"! God definitely places people into our lives to reassure us that we are in the right place at the right time. Suzie (that's what she goes by), will be visiting our Women's Bible Study at The Church at BattleCreek on Thursday, November 6, 2008 at 9:30 AM! Our study group is really excited. We now have 4 ladies involved. S, D, J and me! Now, of course I can't end this blog entry without sharing something from the book that hit me, so here it is.......and believe me, it hit me hard.

from page 72:
1. Never wait to say you're sorry. My comment: better said than done. I'll work on this.

2. Don't delay in accepting what God offers so freely to you. My comment: look at what God has given me......Love, Life, Everlasting Life, Grace, a beautiful family, a home, accept what I have and don't look for more.

3. Believe that miracles can happen in your heart and life in spite of the past. My comment: What a powerful statement. I am worthy of miracles happening to!

4. It's never, ever too late. My comment: Forgiveness can always be there, it just takes a heart of God, and remembering that Forgiving is not Forgetting, that is how we learn.

No comments: