Monday, December 8, 2008

Family Christmas at Dry Gulch USA

What happens when you get 15 family members, 1 family member in the womb and 3 family friends together for a old fashioned western Christmas meeting? Utter chaos and scattered folks everywhere (I love my family)! This year we decided to take a drive to Dry Gulch USA (east of Pryor) to hop aboard the Christmas Train. Now, I have to admit, I have a very committed and loving family, since one of my cousins drove from Houston, and the other's from the Durant area.

The Church on the Move here in Tulsa actually runs this Christmas attraction, this is its 1st year opened after being closed for 3 years for extensive remodeling. What a great attraction. The train ride included a narration of the Bible, from the Beginning until the crucifixion of Christ. Braden had lots of questions. The village was beautiful, with wagon rides, stagecoach rides, carousel horses, and lots of food.

My only complaint. Santa. What a Bah Humbug. He just sat there, did not say a word, and remained expressionless. Of course, he may have not liked the fact that 18 people were in the room w/him and 15 wanted into a group picture. The picture by the way was not that great, my Daddy was cut out of it, not a good thing, since I begged him into the family memory!

1 comment:

Liz said...

It looks like you guys had a lot of fun! I'm sure I will hear more about it later! :)